Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time Savin' Mama: Freezer Waffles

With Pregnancies progressing, babies to nurse, schooling to be done, and meals to prepare, how many of us Mama folk couldn't use time saving tips? I am a time cruncher I like to get all my chores done in the most productive way possible so I do all sorts of shortcut work to help cut down on time when I'm feeling tired or overwhelmed with my day.

One of the things I do that my family loves and saves a ton of time in the long run is what I call "waffle weeks". My whole family enjoys it and when I'm feeling icky from being pregnant my husband has a yummy breakfast he can pop in the microwave or toaster before work! Plus, even the children can "make waffles" if need be.

What you'll need

10 lbs pancake/waffle mix. I buy mine as the cost is pretty similar and it's just one thing I like to do easy.
Waffle iron
Wax paper
Freezer
Gallon size baggies

How to do it

Now there is a reason that I call it "waffle week" and not just waffle day etc. starting Monday morning I get a large mixing bowl and make enough batter to fill it. I heat up my waffle iron and start making waffles. I will make make them until it is all gone. We eat as they are prepared and with the remaining I stack them on a cookie sheet dividing the layers with wax paper.




















After which I put them in the freezer until the next morning.


















The next morning I bag up the frozen waffles and start all over again. I do this all week until the mix is gone. By the end of the week we have a good supply of ready to heat waffles for whenever breakfast needs to be fast or someone (A.K.A. Mama) doesn't feel particularly keen on making breakfast quite yet.

Happy Waffle Making!

No comments:

Post a Comment